- The Williamsburg Civic Association (WCA) Neighborhood Conservation Plan (NCP) calls for a re-engineering of the median on N. Sycamore Street:
Williamsburg Civic Association was successful in promoting a plan —
funded with Neighborhood Conservation funds — to re-engineer the
Sycamore Street median. When completed … , this project will reduce the
number of traffic lanes on Sycamore from four to two, add dedicated
bicycle lanes, include pedestrian islands to facilitate walkability,
and greatly enhance storm water management.
, 2/1/17, p. 10).
- We have recently received notice from the county that this project will begin in October.
will be a neighborhood pre-construction meeting for the residents of N.
Sycamore Street (from 26th St., N to Williamsburg Blvd.) on Tue., Oct.
3 at 8:30 AM at the intersection of N. Sycamore St. and 28th St, N. (on the S.E. corner).
Please see the flyer
from Arlington County. A paper copy of the flyer was distributed by WCA
volunteers to all affected neighbors along N. Sycamore St.
Thanks to all the WCA neighbors and volunteers for their work on the WCA NCP!
- Newsletter: The February 2017 newsletter can be found here.
- The new Neighborhood Conservation Plan, dated 2/1/17, can be found here.
- Please pay your dues. The civic association is running
low on funds. Only about 10% of households in the civic
association are current with their dues. Dues are $10 per household. Please fill out this form
and send it with your
check, payable to "Williamsburg Civic Association," to our
treasurer, Jim Toronto (3577 N. Powhatan Street, Arlington, VA
22213). You may also pay at meetings.
- Consider joining our e-mail distribution list: If you have not done so already, please join our Yahoo! Groups e-mail distribution list (groups.yahoo.com/group/arlington_wca).
This is a great way for us to communicate with each other (via e-mail
or the Yahoo! Groups Website). Once you join the group, anyone
can post a message or respond to a post. When you are joining,
please tell us, as a minimum, your FIRST and LAST NAME, and WHERE YOU
LIVE (either the street and/or address). This helps us prevent spammers
from joining the group. As of Sep. 2017, we have about 300 members.